Castle is located
on an islet in Loch Awe to the west of Dalmally in Argyll and
Bute, the ruined remains of the Campbell stronghold of Kilchurn
Castle date from the mid 15th century whilst extensions were
added in the 17th century when the castle was used as a garrison.
The roof was removed in 1770 when the building was left to ruin.
Since 1953 it has been in the care of Historic Scotland.