and Places near Dunkeld
a village of Logierait Parish in Perth and Kinross. Ballinluig
lies on the River Tummel adjacent to the A 9 road, 4 miles south
east of Pitlochry. It developed in the 19th Century at a junction
of the Highland railway with a branch leading to Aberfeldy.
is a small family run business based in Ballinluig close to
Highland Perthshire's capital, Pitlochry. Batavia prides its
self in their unique and stylish hardwood furniture it imports
from Java, Indonesia, and on its friendly personal service.
is an interesting and pretty wee village in central Perth and
Kinross. It lies to the west of the River Tay, 5 miles (8 km)
northwest of Dunkeld. The Dalguise Estate was given to the church
of Dunkeld by William the Lyon and later fell into the hands
of the Stewart family. Dating from 1753 with later additions,
Dalguise House was rented for eleven summers between 1871 and
1881 by Rupert Potter, father of Beatrix Potter (1866-1943)
the author of children's books. The nearby Dalguise railway
viaduct on the Inverness line was built in 1861-63 to a design
by the engineer Joseph Mitchell. The Dalguise Village Hall has
regular events. Dalguise
is a wee roadside village in Strath Tay, Perth and Kinross.
Dowally lies by the A9 road, 5 miles (8 km) northwest of Dunkeld.
Dowally Kirk dates from 1818, replacing an earlier church that
once served the independent parish of Dowally. A stream flows
down from Dowally Loch to meet the River Tay near here.
is a hamlet in Strathtay, Perth and Kinross. Kindallachan lies
on the A9 trunk road to the east of the River Tay, 6 miles (10
km) north west of Dunkeld.
is a village in a large parish of the same name in Highland
Perth and Kinross. Logierait village lies at the confluence
of the Tay and Tummel rivers, due west of Ballinluig. There
are Pictish crosses in the parish church and churchyard and
closeby are a memorial to the 6th Duke of Atholl built to a
design by Robert Rowand Anderson in 1866, and a former railway
viaduct by Joseph Mitchell (1865). For many years Logierait
was the seat of the seat of justice in the regality of Atholl.
Adam Ferguson (1723-1816), Professor of Natural Philosophy at
Edinburgh University at the height of the Enlightenment, was
the son of the minsiter of Logierait.